Gifts for Him
<3 Valentines Songs: Wouldn't it be Great to be Crooned To?
Valentines Recipes: In Case You & Yours Can't Croon, Join Me and Dish Up A Romantic Meal 8>
Can you tell me the first ten Love Songs that come to mind? You can tell my age by my list.
Here's a question for you: Is there guitar or violin music in the background, or both? It's a little late for a Valentines gift from Violettes, but not too late for an Easter basket gift. Fill the Guitar Purse or Violin Purse with chocolates, concert tickets or spare strings and rosin. It will be an eclectic fashion item for those who have fun with style. A few of our Gift ideas for Music Lovers are currently on sale!
- 1. It's Not Unusual
- 2. Baby Love
- 3. Endless Love
- 4. How Deep is Your Love
- 5. All You Need is Love
- 6. I Just Called to Say I Love You
- 7. Time After Time
- 8. Crazy For You
- 9. Take My Breathe Away
- 10. All the Things You Are - oldy sung by Frank Sinatra
I actually cheated to be fast and googled singers that came to mind.
I didn't post the singers because I feel bad not also posting the songwriters too. But the Frank Sinatra song is so old that I needed to.
Well Valentines songs are not my forte as you see, and there are no current or even semi current stars on the list here. However, I considered posting a song by Adele.
My forte is the Valentines Recipes. Way back since college days, friends came to me for recipe advice, and they still do. I have 2 entire book cases full of recipe books and magazines, then
many boxes full of them in the attic! Even though I take notes in my books and make sure to keep the really fine recipes, I don't often repeat making a recipe unless the event is a party for someone else, and even then I sometimes risk the rare failure.
Here are Valentines Recipes I am deciding between for Breakfast.
I found them in a doctors's office parents' magazine while waiting for my mother. These days, you don't have to see if anyone's looking and rip out a page or "borrow" the magazine - just snap a phone photo and email it to yourself. I am sorry, I didn't get the reference info.
I love dutch babies which you make in a cast iron pan. One large dutch baby can be cut into 4 large servings. I have had bananas mixed with rum added instead of the raspberries, which of course was fabulous. If you are the type that can eat a chocolate breakfast, you can tell the waffle recipe is a good one with the varied flours and using buttermilk. Don't forget the strawberries and whipped cream.
Please tell me which recipe below you would choose in the comments section at the bottom of this page. Thanks!
Please be prepared for Easter Baskets. Fill them with our Gift ideas for Music Lovers. Order Today!
Guitar Purse and More "Neutral" Gifts for Him or Her
Neutral Gifts for Him or Her this year ---- THE OFFER---- If you register for our 3rd Annual Youth Composition and Songwriting Competition by Dec. 15, and are a junior division winner or win 3rd place in the senior division, you can one choose from 4 Violettes items listed below to add to your prize.
Last year Hannah Breck chose a blue Guitar Purse with her initials. Although we have had an increase in special order Gifts for Him, Guitar Man Bags with initials, we have included more choices.
This is the competition situation. The competition is a big effort (with a great deal of behind the scenes invisible work), and It's hard to know if the word is out to make it worth the effort since everyone wants/needs to sign up as late as possible. The competition price is raised to $15 this year, hoping to start compensating our volunteer judges with a monetary gift. (Last year I spent a full month sewing them hand made thank you gifts!)
So, here are the choices:
- 1. Choose from a selection of one of our purses/gig bags. Guitar Purse / Gig Bag with your own initials, Violin Purse / Gig Bag, Piano Purse.
- 2. Choose a Sheet Music Bag with your own photo and words on the front flap.
- 3. Choose our Piano Photo Slate "frame" with your own photo and words.
- 4. Choose a Violettes Instrument Bag Pocket designed to fit on your instrument case. (We can put any instrument on the top).
Mr. Petr Fesyuk of "Profits Won" Throws Out Shingle
for Small Businesses (or No Time for Cello Music)
Although, he doesn't need a violin purse at this time, he says he used to play violin and cello music at school and at church. He is still OK. He's a numbers guy who reads a book every week and wants to help you save money with a tax plan. - The Tax Reduction Coach.
We recommend one of our Gifts for Him for you Petr - man Bags are popular in Europe.
After working in the accounting field for almost 8 years, Mr. Fesyuk hangs his own shingle with an office in the Cedar Bluff area of west Knoxville. He loves helping small businesses grow by saving them money. His passion is to reduce their largest business expense by creating a personalized tax plan. This usually saves customers 100's to 1,000's of dollars.He can be contacted at: Petr@ProfitWon.com or 865.333.2050.
What keeps him busy if not cello music? That would be 2 young children and a beautiful wife he says. A boy and a girl under 2 years old.
Petr Fesyuk is from Estonia. He moved to Ashville, North Carolina with his parents when he was 9 years old because his grandfather lived there. We asked Petr the differences between Estonia and Knoxville - if he remembers.
Petr's answer surprised me.
- 1. He considers the biggest difference to be the weather. It is very cold 8 months of the year, and doesn't get "warm" ever.
2. Estonia is very close to the North Pole, so in the winter it can be dark at 3PM and in the summer, light at 2AM.
3. He considers Estonia to be the most tech savvy country in Europe. They have country-wide wifi!
Next we ask Petr about his and his wife's hobbies:
His wife loves to paint portraits and he loves to travel. He explains something a lot of us already know. You don't have time for hobbies with 2 young children. Petr is eclectic in his tastes. He'll travel to National Parks or cities, what ever is marked as a popular attraction. He has traveled to San Francisco, Utah, and the Grand Canyon. He'd love to go to Quebec, Canada next.
He's waiting to help you now. Don't wait until tax season for his services.
Go to Violettes by Becky Homepage to shop for your unique Xmas Gifts here.
Becky's Secrets - More Fathers Day Recipes
One thing I'm great at is finding amazing recipes. Here are 2 unusual and unusually delicious appetizers that would be special for Fathers Day, The first one, I consider "macho"."Oysters Flannagan" was given to me buy a driller in League City, Texas when I worked as an engineering inspector there for a failing wall I redesigned. He caught the fresh oysters himself, and had a brother in Seattle who owned a restaurant, and gave him this recipe. (Their last name was Flannagan.) It works well with oysters you get in a bottle from the grocery store. The second recipe, I first cooked when I was newly married for a small dinner party - Eggplant rolls with basil and cheese. Now, my husband didn't eat eggplant. After I made these, he started growing eggplant in his garden!!!! When questioned he exclaimed, "You could eat that recipe with cardboard and it would be good!" His friend commented that these and wine is all we need - forget about the rest of the dinner. The homemade sauce turns out well, but if you are not the homemade type of cook, you can use your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce instead.
Appetizers - Fathers Day Recipe No. 1
Get Gifts for Him at Violettes too!
Stumped for Gifts for HIm? Have his initials or Band Logo painted onto a man bag. Fill with spare strings and concert tickets.
I met Jonathan Sexton thru his volunteer mentorship at the Knoxville Entrepreneur Center (KEC) where he is now an Entrepreneur in Residence. Always seemingly upbeat, he cheerfully lifts my spirits with his encouragement and ideas. I found the following on his resume: Jonathan graduated from UT Knoxville with an early childhood education degree, was a Knox County teacher, then traveled with his former band, "The Big Love Choir”. He created Bandposters software, then co-created the MTV award winning "Best New Music App", ArtistGrowth. Best of all, he loves his Violettes Guitar Man Bag, and has good naturedly allowed me to use him in my commercial below.
Violettes: You seem to have incorporated music or the music industry into everything that you are involved with. Music can play a wonderful role in early education. Are you still involved with early educations projects?
J: Currently I’m not. I do some work with "Code Camp" locally in Knoxville. They help young children learn how to code computer software, and I also coach little league, but I've always enjoyed my work with children, and the power of music as a teaching and learning tool for children, and hope to get back to that work at some point.
V: You have recently started a new band "Feed the Birds", and recorded the new song "GIT". Is this part of an album that you have in the works? Do you have any projects currently underway with your band?
J: We are writing and recording a lot of new songs, but we are experimenting with a variety of models, including releasing one song at a time, rather than working on an album and releasing it once a year, we are writing, and recording, then we take songs to the stage. If they get a good reaction from the crowd, we record it and release it.
V: Can you attribute anything from your parents' influence to your warm nature, music interests and immense creativity?
J: Sure, my Father has always played music and my Mother has always loved music and supported me in my ambitions. They are both really friendly loving people, so I guess I couldn't help but be "warm", and most of my music has always reflected that. The new band "Feed the Birds" is a bit of a departure from the "happy-go-lucky" style that a lot of folks are used to; the new music is a bit edgier and darker - it’s still me, but I'd say it’s a lot more transparent.
V: You are hosting a television music segment for a Knoxville Fox Affiliate. When is this on, and what is it about?
J: On stage with Jonny Sexton is on every Friday Morning at 8:30 am and I started doing it about a year ago. The goal is to showcase as much local music as possible and it’s great because I get to jam with everyone in town. We play the guests songs and I always play along, kind of like my own "Live from Daryl's House".
V: Are you working on any new innovations at this time?
J: I am working on a lot of stuff. Besides managing the digital media program at Knoxville Entrepreneur Center, I am working on a new kind of guitar case, a mobile recording app, and an endorsement management app; and I have a baby on the way - so that’s a really new innovation.
V: Yes it is Jonny. Congratulations!!!
Ten Reasons why Gift Ideas for Men are at Violettesbybecky.com: Guitars for Girls and Women, Violins for teens and professional musicians, and Grand Pianos for Mom!
Ten reasons why Gift Ideas for Men are at ViolettesbyBecky.com
1. Many men come to Violettes for gift ideas, as the hand-painted guitars for girls and women are a unique music gift that can't be found anywhere else. They want the best for their daughters and grand daughters!
2. Find Gift ideas for Men at Violettes because we have taken special orders to produce his and hers paintings on the guitar bags, as men wear over the shoulders bags now a days.
3. Violettes are a fashion statement for music lovers. They are wearable art. You'r buying both a purse fashion accessory and art work!
4. Violettes are practical, especially the Violin Bags, which are specifically designed for violin and cello players to fit strings, tuner, rosin, glasses, cough drops.. and come with a small leather wallet and many pockets! Many professional musicians own them and use them. We now have black leather violin bags suitable for men!
5. All the Violettes music gifts are conversation starters. If grandma is itching for people to ask he about her special little musicians, She can carry these with her pills and cell phone everywhere she goes.
6. Music teachers get tired of all the chocolates and sweets because they get muffin tops too! What a special change in pace Violettes music gifts are!
7. Don't forget the hard working church musicians and music director at holiday time!
8. ViolettesbyBecky.com makes great gift ideas for men because women often don't want to spend the money on themselves. These are unique extras for holiday gifts!
9. Support a new small business that gives back to the community with our breast cancer foundation gifts and our gifts that donate to the Joy of Music in Knoxville, TN. Support a new small business that is encouraging music for youth thru our competition competition.
10. More gift ideas for men include filling the bags with goodies! You can request this thru Violettes contact us. Also, you can order music chocolates, jewelry and a few music accessories thru Violettesbybecky.com.