Press Releases & Resources
Visit our Music Resources for Music Art, Music Lessons, Sheet Music...and more HERE.
- May 25, 2016 Smoky Mountain News, "Fiddler wins Competition": http://www.smokymountainnews.com/aae/item/17722-fiddler-wins-youth-competition
- Dec. 1, 2015 Featured the 2015 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide
- November 23, 2015 Nash Country Weekly Magazine, "The Country Brew Country Style: It's in the Bag" Full Page Feature of Violettes by Becky
- November 14, 2015, Teknovation.biz By Tom Ballard, Chief Alliance Officer, Pershing Yoakley & Associates, P.C., "Becky Chaffee reflects on her entrepreneurial 'learning hobby'. "
- Sept. 2015, IMEA Newsletter, byTed Hadley, "Third Annual Youth Songwriter Contest & Composition Competition sets deadline!"
- June 17, 2015, The Tennessean, by Nate Rau.
- June 10, 2015, TC Palm, Vero Beach, Florida, "Local 12- year Old Musician Scores at Nationwide Competition"
- Spring 2015, The Arts & Cultural Alliance of Greater Knoxville, Arts in the Airport Exhibit.
- June 8, 2015, Interview on Smoky Mountain Gospel Jubilee Show
- June 4, 2015 Knoxville News Sentinel, Your News, Knoxville, TN, "Knox Youth Wins Songwriting Contest"
- May 18, 2015 Dr. Gayle Carson Interviews Becky Chaffee on her Women in Business Program
- May 8, 2015 Winnsboro News, Winnsboro, Texas, "Hanah Breck-Moore Places Second in National Songwriter Competition".
- May 8, 2015 The Dallas Morning News, Your Richardson-Lake Highlands Blog, "Aria Abhyankar Places in National Youth Songwriter Competition, Junior Division"
- May 8, 2015 The Campbell Reporter, San Jose Mercury News,Campbell, CA, "Campbell Teen Wins First Place in Youth Music Competition" By Jasmine Leyva
- April 4, 2015, Guitar Girl Magazine: "Brand Spotlight: Violettes Instrument Shaped Purses".
- April 30, 2015 - May 6, VOL 15 No 17 Seymour Herald, Seymour, TN, "Seymour Brothers Compete".
- April 22, 2015 The Locust Valley Leader, Oyster Bay, New York: "Local Student Musician Wins Award".
- Feb. 26, 2015: "Tenessee Travelers" reporter Alan Williams from on Volunteertv.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Becky Chaffee is a creator of musically themed purses shaped like the instruments that inspired them.
One of her most popular designs is called "Violettes by Becky."
"Violettes are miniature violins," says Chaffee.
But that's not all she designs.
"I make quality guitars, violins purses and gig bags", said Chaffee.
The inspiration for this unique business was simple.
"Somebody said if you make a guitar I'll buy one for a gift, and I went ahead and did that," she says. Then someone gave her another challenge. "If you make a piano I'll buy one," she recounts.
Those two gifts became a business and Becky turned one of her bedrooms into a studio of sorts.
The materials are outsourced first, then sent to her to be delicately designed.
"I cut open the inside, put strapping to stiffen, and I put in belting," said Chaffee.
Then Becky and local artists in the Knoxville area paint them, giving them their final finishing touches.
Hundreds and hundreds have been made and no two are alike, making each a unique item to take with you anywhere from the opera to the Opry.
Driving in your neighborhood, I'm the Tennessee Traveler.
- February 8, 2015 Gospel Music Today on Television Station kwhbtv47 mentions Violettes at minute 6:33.
- January 14, 2015 WBIR : "Purses with a Lot of Personality" (Great Music Gifts)
- Fall 2014, Travel Host Magazine
- April 22, 2014 WBIR TV Straight from the Heart, "Musical Instrument Shaped Purses"
- April 15, 2014 LA Splash, "Violettes by Becky - Giving Back to Children Through Music"
- June 10, 2014 Knoxville News Sentinel Shopper News. "She'll be Swinging for Joy" - See page 6-7
- June 8, 2014 The Knoxville Focus Interview of Becky Chaffee, "Almost in the Bag"
- June 4, 2014 Read about Becky Chaffee and Violettes by Becky in the MetroPulse
Q&A: Becky Chaffee, Organizer for the "Swing for Joy" Fund-raiser
Spring 2014 Vol. 106 No. 3 Pan Pipes Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. Page 5 Music Notes "Violettes by Becky Announces Children's Music Competition Winners"
Feb. 2014, Listed in the New Products section of Strings Magazine: "Whether You're using it as a purse or a bag to carry your music-playing essentials, like extra string and rosin, Violettes bags by Knoxville, Tennessee artisan Becky Chaffee let everyone know that you are a strings fan. In other words Serious violin players need our music gifts too!___________________________________________________________________________________________
- November 7, 2013 San Leandro Times. "SLHS Alum Makes Noteworthy Purses"
- September 29, 2013 in the Knoxville News Sentinel, "Music enthusiast creates instrument-shaped suede purses"